Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Chris!!!

Sunday was actually the first day in as long as we can remember that we didn't have anything to do or anywhere to be. Chris's dad and mom left for Cancun on Saturday and my dad left on Friday to go to Minnesota to go fishing with my oldest brother and a bunch of his in-laws. So we went to church, went to breakfast at The Original Pancake House, went to Target and Market Street, and then we spent the rest of the afternoon at Lifetime working out and then hanging out by the pool. It was a very nice and relaxing day. I surprised Chris with a football signed by John Elway. He was really surprised. I finally got a gift that he didn't wear - ha! I also scrapblogged this picture and had it framed for him from the kids along with two more:and Caden . . .
Someday my children will realize how lucky they are to have a dad like Chris. He is all hands on and has been since they were born. I could always depend on him to change the diapers, get the bottles, clean the bottles,take the crying baby, give the baths, put them to bed, etc. Even yesterday, he spent the whole time in the pool playing with the kids and going down the water slides with them. He is a one of a kind gem and such an awesome dad. He's always the "fun" one and he is setting such a great example of what a dad should be like for our kids. I'm very thankful for my wonderful husband -Love ya!!

2 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

those scrapblog pics and frames are such a great idea! very touching post...glad you had a great day!

Daisy said...

Love the pictures...