Sunday, April 5, 2009

Braggin' Rights...


I'm so proud of my children. I know that Easter is a time of reflection, and I'm feeling a little bit that way today. When we were in Panama City, Florida, almost all of the waiters commented on the manners of my children. They were so complimentary of Grace and Caden and some waiters even went on to tell other waiters/staff about our children and how well behaved they were. Those kind of moments make your heart swell up and reaffirm that you are doing a good job :) Grace and Caden even got a free cookie out of one of the places we ate breakfast because the lady checking us out at the bakery heard about how well behaved they were. I'm trying to treasure every moment we have :)

As all of you know, Caden is the one who keeps us on our toes. You just really never know what is going to come out of his mouth. Today at church, the priest was giving the homily during mass. Caden looks at me and says, "Who is he talking to?" Ummm...Caden...that would be all of us - ha!! What a good Catholic! I can't believe that Caden is turning 6 on Friday. I keep telling him that we get a day off of school because it's his birthday. I think that he is starting to believe me. I'm going to have to fix that one. We do have the day off, but not because of him. Caden is not one to have ANY attention drawn to him. He doesn't even want a birthday party this year. We're just going to plan a small family celebration and do something fun on Friday. Maybe the zoo if it is nice or Six Flags. He wants his friend, Blake, to come and spend the night. I am liking his simplicity this year :)

Grace, on the other hand, is full of drama these days. Not anywhere else but with me. She's intelligent, strong willed, opinionated, and willing to let you know what she thinks. I know that my good friends out there are probably laughing right now. She's a lot like me...which is why we bump heads so much :) She's also a very sweet little girl. She loves the smaller children and is going to make a great babysitter someday. Mwah...I love my kids :)

1 comment:

B.E.A.L. said...

I love this post....this is one that melts a momma's heart and your kiddos will be so proud to read one day!