Monday, January 19, 2009

Out of the mouths of Babes...

Chris and I were cleaning up around the house this weekend and Grace says to us, "Are we having people over?" I found it both humorous and sad that my child thinks that the only time we clean toilets and do laundry is because company is coming.

Last night we were driving home from a fun afternoon of family time. We went shopping at Stonebriar and then to dinner at Scotty P's. On the way home from dinner Caden says, "Last week I thought that Jessica in my class was cute." Chris and I both glance at each other and try to keep from laughing...so Chris says, "Why did you think that?" To which Caden replied, "She had ponytails in her hair." I don't know that I'm ready for Caden to be thinking about things like that yet. He's not even 6.

4 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

oh how I know the feeling of not being "ready" for things! Love the funny stories!

Daisy said...

that's funny stuff!

The Herd said...

That's funny! Both the cleaning and the cute girl comment! My oldest son(5) has already proposed to my best friend's daughter! She has refused b/c she didn't have her married clothes on!!
So, my question is...where you having company?

Brody said...

At least you clean when company comes over! I've just given up lately and don't care what people see.