Tuesday, October 7, 2008

M-I-C. . . K-E-Y . . . M-O-U-S-E!!!

Can't you just hear the song in your head?!? The kids leave on Friday for a week in Disney with Gma and Gdad. This will be the last year that they will be able to go. A week of unexcused absences means that grades cannot be made up. The teacher in me wouldn't be able to handle a week of zeros in the gradeboook. It has been great bribery for the last couple of weeks with the kids. "If you don't (fill in the blank) you're not going to Disney." HA!

Chris and I are flying to Denver on Saturday and we will be back on Monday. I am looking forward to a mental health day :) We're planning on getting tickets to the Broncos for Sunday. My kids at school are excited for me to be gone for a day I found out today that it's supposed to be COLD there this weekend with a possibility of SNOW!!! Thank goodness we'll fly away from it and come back to Texas. Snow is fun to play in when you don't live up north, but day after day with snow would be a whole different ball game :) Have a good couple of days and I'll update when we get back from Denver!

2 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

Have fun...enjoy your weekend and much deserved "mental health" day!

The Johnson's said...

I have to admit , I totally started singing the mickey mouse song! :) Hope you and Chris have a great time!!! Enjoy!