Saturday, October 18, 2008

Denver


It was really hard to say goodbye to the kids this time. We've spent the last couple of months in school together, running around in the afternoons, and at soccer games all weekend. It makes for a much needed break from one another, but it also makes it hard to let go.

We talked to the kids everyday that they were gone. They had an absolute blast, but who wouldn't . . . a week out of school, Disney Magic Kingdom, MGM, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, etc. Swimming almost every day, etc., etc., etc.!!!

Chris and I had a great time in Denver. We knew it was going to be cold, and Denver certainly didn't disappoint in that regard. It was a high in the 40's and lows in the 30's. The game on Sunday was a bit chilly. It kind of decided to spritz on us during the 3rd quarter, but by that time we were so involved in a great game that we didn't notice. I put an ad on Denver's craigslist to text me with available lower level tickets. We ended up with tickets on the 10 yard line 3 rows up. They were the best seats that we have had by far EVER at a Bronco game. The guy who sold me the tickets gave them to a buddy to sell b/c he was in Mexico for the weekend. The tickets have been in his family since the 60's. We definitely lucked out :)

We also were able to hang out with a lot of friends this weekend too. Stacey and Geoff Danheiser, my friend from middle and high school Erin, and Shiela, Jason, and their boys. So good to see and hangout with everyone :)

The rest of the week was spent getting to school early or staying late for parent/teacher conferences all week. This work thing definitely put a kink in my shopping excursions I usually take when the kids are gone. I'm glad that they had a great time and I am also glad that they are home. They are tan, Grace's hair is really blond, and they seem like they grew an inch last week :)

2 comments:

The Christenson's said...

Aw, your Lady in Red song took me back!! So fun!
Looks like you all had a great time! We love a good, cold ballgame as Packers fans. I'm glad Denver didn't disappoint! What fun!

B.E.A.L. said...

I am so glad you and Chris had a great time...a great football game is always fun and with great seats. What a great idea to do craig's list! Glad the kids had a great time and that they are all home!