Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy 90th Birthday Grandma Williams . . .



The whole reason we went to Iowa last weekend was to celebrate my Grandmother's 90th birthday. She and my grandfather have been married for 72 years and it is amazing that they have hit another milestone together. We had a great celebration of food, family, and lots of sharing time. We all wrote down questions that we wanted gma and gpa to answer and then we sat around and listened to all of the answers. Where they were born, how they met, the first car they bought after they were married (A model A - black), etc. Now we have it all on tape. We listened to my dad and his brother and sister all tell stories. I know that this is a day we will all remember.

Gpa getting a good laugh over something that my dad said.
Some of the kids playing on the merry go round at the park down the hill from the Methodist church where we held the celebration.There is a reason that teeter totters are no longer on the playgrounds at schools. This would be the "before" picture of Grace and Caden. The next would be a movie of Grace letting go and Caden flying forward and landing on the big metal arm and scraping the whole bottom of his chin. Leave it to my children to figure out how one of them can get hurt :)
In the afternoon we all played a game of softball. This is some of my cousins and my uncle Dean in the blue
My brother Mike at bat. My cousin Barry is the catcher.
Grace on 2nd.
Caden on 1st.
There was a little stream that separated the play park and the softball field. Of course, Caden managed to find two frogs. He carried them in this cup all afternoon. It was really cute. He had already put one back when I took this picture. My little frog boy :)

1 comment:

Brody said...

Looks like you guys had a super busy summer!