Saturday, March 22, 2008

Home Again . . .

We just put the kids to bed in their own beds . . . always a great feeling to be home . . . Caden just said, " Today is not the best day because we had to get off the boat . I wishded we were were on it for 10 days instead of 5." My sentiments exactly!! We had a great time and much to blog about at another time when I am not so exhausted :)

I will leave you with one story about the trip. We almost weren't able to get on the ship. We left for Houston on Sunday night (the 16th) to spend the night with my college roommate at her new house. We figured that it would make for a much shorter journey on Monday. We left late because Chris had a soccer game and got to Stephanie's house around 9:30pm. Beautiful house and we had a good night's sleep. Grace woke up on Monday morning and about 9:00 am told me that her stomach was hurting. She went to the restroom before we left to head to Galveston to meet Ann and she threw up. Great. What are we going to do now? Puking kid and I don't know if it's a one time thing or a virus. Our first stop was at Walgreens to get some ziploc bags for the ride to Galveston. She seemed fine for the first 30 minutes, but it went downhill after that. Ann was able to get a late checkout at her hotel so we hung out there for a few hours before we were to board the ship at 2. The lady at the front desk of the hotel told us that they wouldn't let Grace on the ship if they found out. Luckily we had VIP boarding so the process was expedited and we were able to get her on the ship without anyone else knowing. We figured that we could stay home and be sick or be sick on the ship. It was extremely stressful and looking back now it was the right decision because - knock on wood - Grace was fine the next day and none of the rest of us got it. I guess the luck of the Irish was on our side on St. Patty's day :)

This is the first picture that I took waiting to leave from Galveston. This is the Lido deck with the waterslide and the pool in the middle:

3 comments:

The Christenson's said...

Glad you had a great time! I love to take a cruise! It is a really good time. I bet the kids absolutely loved it and you probably have tons of stories to tell. See you at school!

B.E.A.L. said...

I can't wait to hear all about your trip! I am sooo jealous :) I would love to go on a cruise someday!

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!

hugs
steph