Thursday, February 7, 2008

Going to Iowa . . .brrr . . . shiver . . .

I am getting on a plane tomorrow morning with my parents to go see my Grandma and Grandpa Williams in Iowa. I will have no kids or husband with me :) It's going to be really cold and I am not looking forward to that! My grandfather turned 92 on Feb. 1st and my dad turns 72 tomorrow. My parents go up there around this time every year to celebrate, but I decided to tag along. I haven't been back to Iowa since my Grandma Talty's funeral in December 2006. This is going to be a hard trip. Hard to see someone else living in my grandmother's house . . . hard to see people that we love dearly slipping in health. We're also going to see my Uncle Charlie (was married to my Aunt Donna) and my mom's other sister, Joan. We're going to meet for lunch tomorrow. I come back on Monday afternoon, so I'll update you when I get back. Chris has the kids to himself this weekend. I'm sad that I'm going to miss seeing them all dressed up for the Father/Daughter dance on Saturday night. Grace is really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Hey girl, hope you had a great time in Iowa.