Sunday, October 14, 2007

Cadenisms . . .

I don't know if it's just Chris and I, or if others also think that Caden is a truly funny child. His perception of events that happen in our lives and his choice of words upon describing those incidents can truly make me laugh like no other. For example, a couple of weeks ago Chris took the kids to McDonald's for dinner. There were a lot of birds in the parking lot and the first thing out of Caden's mouth when he saw all of the birds was, "Holy Shit!" At least he used it in context . . . Today at church he did two funny things. He had colored his paper that they put out every Sunday for the children. He wanted another one and I told him that if he stopped talking then I would get him one after church. So after Father Phil gave the homily and were were about to stand up for the prayer Caden said to me, "I was quiet while God talked, can I get my paper now?" . . . Also during church today Caden was on the end of our family and was standing next to an older woman. During the "Our Father" we hold hands in our parish. Well, the woman next to him crossed her own hands and didn't put one out for Caden to hold. Caden had his hand outstretched and kept inching it in front of this woman - as if to say "can't you see me?!?". He turns to me and says, "Doesn't she know that she's supposed to hold my hand?" It's just little incidents like this that are constantly happening every day that remind me of the innocence of childhood and that he doesn't have a filter yet :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Adorable!!! He is a funny kiddo!

Brody said...

That kid is hilarious! Chrysalis?