Thursday, July 19, 2007

Two Things

For those of you that don't know this little tidbit I am deathly afraid of two things: 1) Bridges 2) Snakes. I encountered the second one today and was very proud of myself for not freaking out!! I took the kids and Grace's friend Cami to my parents house to swim. After about twenty minutes the kids get out of the pool screaming. "There's a snake in the pool." At this point I am freaking out on the inside but staying calm on the outside. It was just me and the three kids so I had no choice, but I really wanted to just go inside and go home!! So against my better judgement I went down by the diving board where the snake was. I was expecting to see a humongous creature, but it was just a little baby snake. So I got the net and a bucket and tried to scoop it up and into the bucket. It kept falling off the net and I kept screaming on the inside every time it wiggled. The kids were safely on the patio standing on the chairs trying to see what was going on, but not getting anywhere near the snake. I finally got it on the net and put it in the bucket. I put the net over the top of the bucket just to make sure that it couldn't get out. I called my dad (he's in Chicago right now) and told him that he had a snake in his pool. He found it a lot more funny than I did. My second call was to Chris to come and take care of the snake. He took it and let it go at a creek near my parent's home. The things we do for our children - become superhuman when you didn't think it was possible :) What a day!!

No comments: