Monday, July 30, 2007

Back to Reality . . .


Chris and I just got back yesterday after an amazingly wonderful week together in Kauai, Hawaii. The trip started off shaky ... I haven't set my alarm clock since we got out of school in May and I set it for 5:30 pm instead of am. I guess someone was looking after us because I awoke 15 minutes before we were supposed to leave!!! We had 15 minutes to get ourselves together and out the door. We forgot the laptop, but we had our tickets and our swimsuits so we were good to go! The return trip home pretty much stunk too. We took the red eye out of Hawaii at 10:50pm Hawaii time and were sitting on the exit aisle which you would think was great, but right next to the bathrooms which made for a lot of noise. No sleep for me. We connected in Phoenix and ended up landing in Oklahoma City because our plane didn't have enough fuel to circle the airport with the storms. We sat on the runway in OKC for about 4 hours. An hour and 1/2 of it with no air conditioning. Can you even imagine?? People were passing out and others very much on the verge of getting sick not to mention angry and spouting off. Fun times. What made it all worth it was the smiles and running hugs the kids gave us when we saw them again - all of us were excited to be reunited! Chris purchased a new camera before we left and he took over 750 pictures - too many to share all, but I will chronicle the trip later when I have had more sleep :)

2 comments:

Kellie said...

welcome back! I can't wait to see all the pics and hear the stories. Your travel sounds awful, though!!! :( See you soon
Kel

Brody said...

Welcome back home!