Monday, June 11, 2007

Dance Recital

Grace had her dance recital on Memorial Day weekend. It was the last big "scheduled" event we had before summer could officially begin. I was a backstage mom which means that I was the mom in the room with the girls until they performed. It was at the Eisemann center in Richardson on a HUGE stage. The girls waited backstage in the actual room that real performers use with all the mirrors and the lights. During each of Grace's two dances I was able to stand in the wings and watch her do her ballet and tap routines. This is her third year taking dance with Sarasue's and it has been fun to watch the progression of her abilities. I always immediately choke up the minute the lights come on and the music starts. I am so proud of her and it makes me realize that my little girl is growing so quickly!