Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Bags packed, car loaded, kids occupied with electronics, we left for the ranch on Tuesday after school. With George Bush opened all the way to 30, it made for a quick escape from Plano. We made the trip in about 5 1/2 hours, which isn't too bad considering that we stopped a couple of times, it was dark which is a slower speed limit, and we were constantly on the lookout for deer. When we were leaving Comanche and headed toward Brownwood we saw the biggest buck on the side of the road. Chris and I agreed that was probably going to be the biggest deer that we saw on our trip :)

I'm looking forward to hanging out with Chris and the kids on the ranch today. I'm thinking of my friends who have lost loved ones this year. It is going to be a tough day for them and I wish you a day filled with remembering old times and making new memories of your own.

Today we're going to attempt to take some family pictures for our Xmas card this year, ride out on the land looking for critters, and watch some football. GO BRONCOS!!!

p.s. Chris was so disgusted with the Broncos after last Sunday's game that he changed his shirt when it was over. That was a first for me and I am hoping that he gets to wear his shirt ALL day today!

No comments: