Saturday, September 5, 2009

First Day of School 2009-2010 School Year...


Well, we've officially made it through our first few weeks of school. Grace is getting back into the routine of things and Caden is still moving right along too. We've only had a few hiccups along the way...such as getting ready in the mornings. Caden all of the sudden dislikes all of his socks and Grace seems to have grown out of everything that we have...even the stuff that we bought a few weeks ago. So, it's a process. Trying to get us all organized and such is the goal right now.

It's cute..Caden is still pretty clingy to me in the mornings. Sometimes it makes me wonder if he wouldn't be better off without me at the same school, but I know that he has plenty of time to be independent and I am enjoying all of the extra hugs and kisses :) I leave for school around 6:45 and I work in the mornings rather than staying late in the afternoons... (I still usually work at least an hour or two in the evenings once they are in bed)...so I leave right after the kids are awake and dressed. Caden comes to my room each morning and we walk down to 1st grade together. Grace is too worried about making sure that she is unpacked, in the right switch class, and ready for the day to take time to walk Caden down. She is very meticulous about dates, times, etc. She definitely takes after her mom with that!

On another note, my 50 5th graders that I teach each day seem wonderful. I am excited to come to school each day and see what they have in store for me. Happy new school year to all my friends out there!!

1 comment:

B.E.A.L. said...

aw....I love that little Mommy's boy and I hope he never grows out of it! I love that Grace is just like you....that is awesome!

hope you have a great school year!