Thursday, July 16, 2009

Crying Kids....

Chris and I leave tomorrow for Cancun with a bunch of friends for 5 nights/6 days. The first one of our "group" is turning 40 next week and we are all taking the opportunity to get away and celebrate "adults only" style. We've had this planned for MONTHS...and my children are acting like we are leaving and never coming back.

Caden is telling me that he is not able to spend more than one night away from his room. That he'll only spend one night at Gma and Granddad's and then he needs to come home. Can't you change your flight? Why can't you come home early? Why can't we come? I'm sure that you can hear everything his little mind is thinking. He even ended up with a stomachache this afternoon because I know that he is so worried about it. My sweet little man.

Grace had tears in her eyes this evening when I went to kiss her goodnight as well. I think that they are both just exhausted from Hawaiian Falls today. We tried to make it a fun family day for them and I think that we succeeded.

Say a little prayer that Chris and I depart and arrive home safely. I am going to miss my children, but not enough to stay home :)

****UPDATE...just went into Caden's room and he put a pillow and blanket on his floor for me to come and cuddle with him later...breaking my heart!!

3 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

oh my gosh...that breaks my heart but makes me laugh too! The things Caden comes up with crack me up!

You guys have a blast and be safe. I am saying a prayer for both you guys and the kiddos!

Those are two sweet little kids you have their!

The Christenson's said...

Aw, that's so sweet! You guys enjoy your trip and have so much fun!! Prayers for a safe trip coming your way.

The Johnson's said...

oh my gosh, they are to stinkin' cute!!! Hope you guys have a FANTASTIC TRIP!!! Enjoy it, you deserve it!