Friday, April 3, 2009

Germs...

It all started last Sunday. We were at a birthday party for one of Grace's friends, but they are also family friends. The mom of the birthday girl, asked Caden if he wanted to skate also. Of course!! He skated for about 40 minutes like a champ and then I told him to take off his skates because we were going to do cake. He told me that he didn't want cake and that he wanted to leave. I knew that there was problem. Luckily, Chris had met us there after his soccer game so Caden and I could leave. We got to the parking lot and Caden was as white as a ghost. Uh Oh...I start digging in my trunk for a bag and luckily I found one. A sprouts bag. I get Caden to the side of the parking lot -no grass anywhere- and he starts throwing up. There's a hole in the bottom of the bag. The throw up goes through the bag and straight to the concrete. It splashes all over Caden, his legs, his shoes, my shoes, and all over my hands. FUN!!!

I decided to stay home with Caden on Monday. He needed a day to recover and so did I. Tuesday evening it hit me as well. I got the bug. I lost 6 pounds in twelve hours which gives you an idea of how bad this bug was. Wednesday morning as I am laying in the floor on our bedroom (the only comfortable position) Chris tells me that Caden has diaherrea. I told him to just leave him home with me. We'd be sick together. I literally could not move off the floor because every single muscle in my body ached. A deep down horrible ache. My wonderful husband called my amazing mother in law and she came and got Caden. I slept almost the whole day and night. It was awful...now Memrie has the bug too. I'm so sorry!! Nasty germs!!!

4 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

That is sooooo not fun for either one of you and how sweet is Chris' mom to help out at the risk of getting it.

Hope you guys are better and that Grace and Chris don't get the bug!

The Johnson's said...

I hope you guys are feeling better. I had that bug a couple months ago and it is one of those that you just want to crawl into a hole and die. I'm so sorry!!!! Get well soon!

The Christenson's said...

Oh my goodness that is awful! That is a terrible sickness...not a lot worse than stomach stuff! I hope you are all on the mend now. No fun at all.

Daisy said...

yikes...so sorry guys!