Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nitty Gritty . . .

So . . . I know that blogs are supposed to be about the fun stuff, but I think that it should also be a forum to talk about the not so fun stuff too. Full time work with a family kicked my rear end the first 3 weeks. I was completely overwhelmed, felt like everything I did was wrong, and that I was like a sinking ship. Last week was much better . . . thanks to Memrie for taking the kids every afternoon so that I was able to get my stuff done!! Here are some of the highlights of the last few weeks:

1) Started school - had to learn: lunch room procedures, recess procedures, bought a whistle for recess duty, still don't have an e-z grader (gave ALL supplies like that away), bought rest room passes (again, gave away), etc. etc. etc.

2) Gpa is still in ICU after having his colon removed on Thursday. Very stressful.

3) Caden had stomach virus and luckily Memrie came to the rescue again - so not ready for a sub in my disorganized room!!

4) Mom had to have procedure last week. Has Gall Bladder stones and just told me tonight that she is going to contact surgeon tomorrow and discuss options. Dad is Iowa . . . sub for my classroom is looking like it might happen sooner than later -

5) FORGOT Grace's birthday treats. She reminded me the Friday morning that we were to have the treats. No worries - I'll have my planning to do it - ha!! Not getting any mom of the year awards on my end any time soon!

6)Grace's bday party at my house.

7) Mom's 70th bday and all involvement with that!

8) Caden's trip to Pediatric after hours with 102 temp -sinus infection - showed up at 24 hour pharmacy that all of the sudden isn't 24 hours any more - ENOUGH - TOTAL NERVOUS BREAKDOWN!!

Please send prayers my way ... for patience, for my gpa, for my gma, for my mother,etc. CRAZY!!!

2 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

I am sorry your first few weeks were so yucky...I have lots of good thoughts, prayers, and big hugs going your way! Hang in there!

The Johnson's said...

Your doing a fantastic job, I promise it will get better!!!! Keep your chin up!