Saturday, September 6, 2008

Grace's 8th Birthday Party . . .

Background:

I absolutely loathe doing birthday parties at my house. It's okay when they are one, maybe even two, but as they get older they are just a beating. No other explanation. So ... this year when Grace told me that she wanted her birthday at home, you can imagine how I tried to bribe her to do something different. How about ice skating? No. How about Pump it up? No. I figured that I had it with, "How about if you take a few friends and we go to Great Wolf Lodge." She did think about it, but still a negative. So birthday party at home it was - after all it is her party :)

It was a great success!! We did a pajama party with 12 of her closest friends. Crazy, I know! They decorated pillow cases that I had embellished and they made a cute sleep mask. It was a lot of fun, and that's what it's all about. I do still hear squealing voices in my head though - the wine is helping :)
Making the masks
Grace and her pillowcase
The whole group of girls
Can't leave out Caden with a whole room full of girls :)

4 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

You are so brave! But it looks like it was a ton of fun and the pillowcases was a super cute idea! I am glad Grace had a fun birthday! You are such a good mommy!

The Christenson's said...

Aw, just seeing them all together in their pjs brings back so many sleepover memories for me! I'm glad you did that for her. She will cherish those memories always!

Daisy said...

Happy Birthday Grace. Looks like you girls had a great time!

Brody said...

Happy b-day! You have a very cool mom to throw you a party like that!