Monday, August 25, 2008

WE DID IT!!!

Oh my goodness!! All that anticipation for nothing. Caden did GREAT!! Chris had to drop him off because of all of his attachment issues with me lately, but Caden did better than Chris did - ha! I love this picture of the kids walking down the sidewalk holding hands with their Mickey and Minnie backpacks. I'm going to blow this one up as big as I can and frame it!
Grace and Caden standing in front of the school getting ready to cross the street and go in.
Grace's new bangs. She told the hair dresser that she wanted them . . . I think that they are going to drive us both nuts!
The big kindergartener!!

On a side note: I was really worried that Caden was going to cry. He did get a little attached to Chris, but I think that was because Chris wasn't letting go of Caden. Had to have that one last hug a couple of times - my sweet husband!

It was definitely different being back in the classroom today. I don't think that I sat down all day, had a 15 minute lunch, and never made it to the bathroom . . . and I LOVED every minute of it. I forgot how much I liked being in charge of myself. My kids are polite and fun and I can't wait to get to know them better. I know that the "honeymoon" period will be over soon, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts :) Whew . . . going to bed now!

3 comments:

Brody said...

Yeah- congrats! I'm glad that EVERYONE did well.

B.E.A.L. said...

I am so glad everyone did great! How sweet that Chris didn't want to "let go"! Glad you had a good first day...I was thinking about you!

Daisy said...

Way to go Caden and Grace. Hope you have a very special and memorable school year!