Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Big Brother . . .


My sister in law sent this picture to me and it is such a great picture that I had to put it on my blog! We are leaving on Thursday to head to Iowa for my grandmother's (dad's mom) 90th birthday. Don't my grandparents look great in this picture!! My oldest brother, Tom, is not going to be able to make that celebration (he has a really good reason) so he and his family went to Iowa for the 4th instead. This is my brother, his wife Charlene, my nephew Dylan in the back (19), Cassie will be 16 next month, and Matthew is 17. He'll be a senior in high school next year. They are such great kids and I wish that they lived closer so that we could see them more often!

My grandfather (92) is in the hospital right now with disorentation, high blood sugar (he's diabetic), and a high white blood count. I don't know that we'll end up doing a celebration for grandma if he's not doing well, but we're all planning on going up anyway so that we can see them. I was up there in February, but the kids and Chris haven't been up there with me in 2 years, so it's time. Then all of our traveling for the summer is done!!

1 comment:

B.E.A.L. said...

travel safe and i will be keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers!