Thursday, April 10, 2008

Officially a Boy Mom . . .

Today is Caden's 5th birthday!! It's crazy to think that 5 years ago I was in the hospital recovering from my 2nd c-section. Sweet little boy!!

Okay, So we all know that Caden is OBSESSED with frogs. He has books, stuffed animals, t-shirts, webkinz, etc. He knows how to spell f-r-o-g frontwards and backwards - literally. It's crazy!!! So for his birthday all he wanted was a frog. I was pretty okay with it until I realized that they eat LIVE crickets. GROSS!! Caden told me, "I know that Santa can't do live animals (ha, ha!) BUT you can give me one for my birthday." GULP. Too smart for his own good . . . I gave in. Caden got two fire bellied toads for his birthday. 5 bucks each with $120 worth of "stuff". Who's the sucker now? He has named them Camo and Fire. Hopefully they will last a while. Gotta love big sister coaching him on the naming of the frogs. I'll spare you the video of the frog eating the cricket. OMG!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Caden! You are one super cool dude!! Congrats on your frog! We can't wait to meet them!

XOXO
Steph and the boys!

B.E.A.L. said...

And what a GREAT boy mom you are! He will love those things...can't wait for more "frog" stories!

Kellie said...

oh my! that is what we get to look forward to?? i was hoping not, but i think i'd rather have frogs than some of these scary boy action figures! (Well, maybe not.) :) good luck with this! can't wait to hear how the frog ends up in your closet or makeup drawer. :) ewwwwww
Happy Birthday, Caden!
Kel