Friday, March 7, 2008

Snow Pics





Many of my most vivid childhood memories revolve around snow. My brothers pushing my face down in it, sledding down our hill of a backyard in Minnesota, building snow caves in our front yard in the 6 foot snow drifts from the snow plow, your lips and faces being chapped and red from being out so long, and I could go on and on . . .

I have really had to dig down deep inside myself this last week with the snow days and let my children just go out and play, build snowmen, and throw snowballs at me. I forget that they have not grown up with it like I did and for them snow is an anomaly. For me, it's the cold white wet stuff that you ski on :)


Caden was SO exicited about it on Tuesday morning that he wanted to go out and play in it before he ate breakfast. Thank goodness Grandma Mem and Dad were here to save the day. I do love his snow angels though :) There was even some snow left for Grace and Caden to build a small snowman with in the afternoon. Grace was beside herself that Caden got to play and she had to go to school. Life is just not fair when you're 7.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the one of the kids on the Big Toy. Grace is a diva in her pink boots and leopard coat!! What a doll!
xoxo
Steph

Daisy said...

Good thing it snowed this year...twice! HA! Great Pics... :)

Kellie said...

that is just too funny!! good thing . . . i like hearing your childhood stories. :) Face in the snow? mean big brothers. :)