Monday, March 10, 2008

In a funk . . .

I feel like I am walking around with a huge weight on my shoulders. Putting Sadie down on Saturday was one of the hardest things that I have EVER had to do. It just plain stunk. Chris and I decided to stay with her when they gave her the injections. I just couldn't let her have that happen to her without us there comforting her. I didn't realize how hard it was going to be and how hard it still is. In my head I thought that she would just close her eyes and go to sleep. It wasn't like that at all . . horrible. There is a definite emptiness in our house now that she occupied. Chris gave Bailey two treats last night, one for him and one for her. Every time Bailey walks into the house he does a run through from the front of the house to the back looking for her. It breaks my heart . . .

I know that it's just going to take time. We leave on St. Patty's day for our 5 night cruise. It is definitely something to look forward to. A lot of prep work this week, but we all need a vacation :) We come back to Galveston on Saturday morning (the day before Easter!!!) So I have been getting everything together for the baskets today. I bought more chocolate than needed and I also bought most of the stuff that I like - ha! Anyway, I know that tomorrow is a new day and hopefully this funk will lift soon. Good thing I have the kids to keep me busy :)

2 comments:

Holly K said...

Now I'm crying. I am sorry about Sadie. I was telling Trace about her Friday night as I knew this was the month.

Part of it being so hard is that you knew it was coming. Nevertheless, it is so hard grieving anything you love. She is around you, still guarding you all. Don't beat yourself up to get over it and "be an adult" for your kids. Take your time and know that the grief needs time to fade.

You honor Sadie by expressing your grief for her properly as well as allowing your kiddos to witness you do that. You are teaching them not to bury their pain.

Be easy on yourselves.
Love you...Holly

Stephanie said...

It is a good thing that Sadie had you guys to love her and be her family. Hugs to you guys. Enjoy your trip! xoxo Steph