Sunday, December 9, 2007

December Festivities



I can't belive that we are at two weeks before Christmas!! I have way too much left to do. Every year I promise myself that I am going to start earlier in the year, and every year I don't - ha!

We had a great day on Saturday with the kids. We decided to take them to NorthPark Mall to see the train exhibit. We just happened upon Santa starting to tell a story so we were able to sit for a bit and listen to a Christmas story. The kids were so cute. Caden couldn't see very well (there were well over 100 people in there) and the next thing I know Grace had pulled him into her lap so that he could be elevated and he could see better. I got teary eyed watching them be so sweet to each other. It's very easy to get caught up in the day to day arguing, antagonizing, etc. that you forget to stop and enjoy :)



After we went to NorthPark we went to my niece Emily's birthday party at the ice skating rink at Grapevine Mills. We had so much fun!! Grace had never been ice skating before, but you would never have known it. She loves her roller blades so trying out the ice was only a whole lot colder! I got Caden duty and I was a bit nervous about being on ice skates with him. I hadn't been ice skating in a very long time (like 20 years), but Caden and I had fun. He really liked it when my brother Mike and Chris cruised around the ice with him holding each one of their hands. Caden's only job was to keep his skates pointing forward - no broken bones!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

No broken bones is definitely a plus!!!! What pretty smiles they both have!