Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A WEEK WITHOUT THE KIDS



Well, I put the kids on a plane to Disney with Bruce and Memrie last Friday. This is the before picture. I only broke down once before they left. I shut myself in the bathroom and had myself a good cry. It just was a very overwhelming feeling to hand over my children and as Chris was telling them to behave, stay with Grandma and Grand-dad, etc. I excused myself for a minute and got myself together. I know that they are in great hands and they are having a ball!! This is Caden wearing the footies because he didn't want to walk barefoot after taking off his crocs.

When I was driving away from the airport after seeing them through security and numerous air kisses and hugs, the freedom set in. It was 9:30am and I was footloose and fancy free. I caught up on my tv shows - gotta love the Young and the Restless - I went shopping, and I started getting things together for our trip to Vegas the next day.

We got home last night and we had a blast!! I played Texas Hold'em with the big boys and for the most part I did okay. The first day I started with $40 and walked away with $110 - so not so bad. We ended up going to an Andre Agassi foundation show on Saturday night at the MGM (where we stayed) We saw Tony Bennett, Kelly Clarkson, George Wallace (comedian), Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, Jerry Seinfeld and more perform. It was a blast!! A little bit of Vegas goes along way though and I was ready to come home.

We talk to the kids everyday. They are enjoying themselves and have been swimming everyday. They saw the parade at Magical Kingdom and spent the day there on Saturday. They were doing MGM today and Memrie's sister Cindy was coming with them. Fun!

2 comments:

Brody said...

Mommy said that you guys are so lucky!!!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a bitter sweet time!!! Glad you and Chris got to enjoy some quality time together!!! And the kids got their quality time in with Mickey Mouse too! Can't beat that! :)